ThingWorx provides the aerospace industry with a complete IoT solution to collect, manage and analyze ever-increasing amounts of data from connected aircraft and operational systems.
Solving IoT Challenges
Military and commercial airline operators face a significant increase in data as they embrace the Internet of Things for fleets of highly connected aircraft capable of creating half a terabyte of data per flight per day. Loadable software airplane parts, aircraft health maintenance data, performance data from e systems and components, data used to track cargo and baggage, as well as new customer services are all part of the mix.
Strategic IoT Solutions for the Aerospace Industry
The prospect of collecting, managing, analyzing and automating responses to this data place demands on both manufacturer and airline IT infrastructures. Rapid innovation development platforms and cloud solutions are required to manage this torrent of data and in identifying and servicing new aviation service revenue opportunities.
Benefits of the ThingWorx IoT Platform
The ThingWorx Foundation is designed to build and run IoT applications and enable aerospace companies to transform their products and services, innovate, and unlock new business models. ThingWorx reduces the time, cost, and risk required to connect, manage, and develop innovative applications for smart, connected products such as predictive maintenance, system monitoring, and usage-based product design requirements.
The ThingWorx IoT Platform helps aerospace companies:
- Deliver superior product design based on improved understanding of usage behavior & demographics
- Provide fast delivery of software upgrades and patches electronically
- Identify design flaws and capture usage data to rapidly identify quality issues
- Provide informed recommendations on SKU/part/product rationalization based on actual usage and performance
- Requirements to boost product profit margin based on usage patterns, feature performance, feature cost and value drivers.