PTC’s role-based ThingWorx Certification Program offers certifications of expertise in the emergent world of IoT. Successful candidates earn peer recognition while showcasing the talent top employers are seeking. ThingWorx Certifications are providing trusted guidance to clients and employers alike and helping to build a proven, ThingWorx-ready workforce.
Top Candidate Benefits
- Differentiate your skills and prove you own highly sought after IoT competencies using the latest ThingWorx technology.
- Establish relevant credibility with employers and customers in the ThingWorx solution marketplace.
- Claim your badge and promote your expertise within the global ThingWorx peer community.
Top Employer Benefits
- Validate your hiring practices with ThingWorx certified professionals.
- Win customer confidence in the marketplace with your team of ThingWorx-certified professionals.
The ThingWorx Developer Associate Exam is the mandatory pre-requisite for all ThingWorx professional level certifications. This exam validates a candidate’s ability to model a ThingWorx application using Thing Templates and Things. Candidates apply core ThingWorx Composer functionality to correctly respond to scenario based questions on how to create a user interface to view and edit entities in the application.
The ThingWorx Device Integration Professional certification is intended for developers who need to connect devices and/or systems to the ThingWorx platform. All candidates must be certified ThingWorx Developer Associates.
*View the Program Guide for additional planned professional level exam releases.
PTC Certification exams are available as online or onsite Web Assessor tests proctored by Kryterion. Onsite tests are delivered at a Kryterion Test Center with over 80 global locations to choose from.
Overview of Certification Levels
Overview of Certifications by Role
Important Notes for Online Proctored Exam Test Takers:
- You will need to schedule your exam at least 24 hours prior to the start of the exam.
- You will need a webcam – An external web cam is recommended. Some internal web cams are not supported. Follow the instructions in the Test Taker’s Guide to test your equipment prior to your scheduled exam.
- Do NOT use two monitors.
- You must be alone in the room where you take the exam. The proctor will shut down the exam if other people are in the room with you.
- Preferred Browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari.
- Exams rescheduled less than 24 hours before the start time of the exam will result in a rescheduling fee of $50 USD.
Exam pricing is currently set to USD only and handled via credit card on the global Webassessor portal. We offer pricing for academic students as part of our PTC IoT Academic program. Qualified students should reach out to their Academic program rep for local options.
Learn more about topics covered and how to prepare for your exam.
- Download the Program Guide >>
- Review the Program Rules >>
- Take a Training Class >>
- Questions? Email our Certification Program Manager