PTC, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“We” or “PTC”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
“Personal data” means any information or set of information that identifies or can reasonably be used to identify an individual. Personal data does not include information that is encoded or anonymized, or publicly available information that has not been combined with non-public personal data.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM OR ABOUT YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our internal or external sites, including www.ptc.com (our sites), and information you provide on independent partner sites (such as Digital River, which offers PTC’s on-line store) that is transferred to us. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our sites, subscribing to our services (for example PTC University or maintenance plans), posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our sites, our software and services or reporting suspected piracy.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out and of the fulfilment of your orders, including the downloading of software.
- Details of your visits to our sites including, but not limited to, traffic data, data regarding the site pages you visit, weblogs, and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access.
- Information that you supply to us in the course of general marketing and other business activities.
- Information that you supply to us when you visit our facilities or while attending an event that PTC, Inc. is a participant or which is sponsored (in whole or in part) by PTC, Inc.
- Information that you provide or disclose on notice boards, newsgroups, community feedback sites, email systems, forum facilities, chat rooms, or similar features that we may establish on our sites.
- Information collected by PTC Inc.’s software Quality Agent functionality described below and other tools embedded within our software products.
- Information that you supply to us or that we obtain/create in the course of your employment with us and/or any application for employment (for example, salary, performance evaluations, benefits data, background checks) .
IP addresses and other Technical Information
When you visit any of our sites, we may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, domain name, operating system and browser type, certain hardware information and other technical information. This is information about browsing actions and patterns and the use of certain software products, and does not identify any individual except where user settings are configured by the user to provide personal data.
Website Cookies & Beacons
PTC, Inc. Software Quality Agent
In order to understand the preferences of our software users, PTC, Inc. utilizes data monitoring technologies in its software products installed at a user’s site, referred to as our Quality Agent functionality, to obtain and transmit data on system use and performance and for gathering user data and use metrics on users of our software. The data collected is listed on the Legal Policies, Agreements & Disclaimers section on www.ptc.com. We will share this data within PTC, Inc. and our authorized resellers, including within the United States and elsewhere for technical and marketing purposes and will endeavor to ensure that any such data transferred is appropriately protected. Our commercial and Academic licenses permit users to opt‐out of this data collection. Our student versions only collect data on system use and performance, and not personal user data. Our Free and trial versions of software do not allow users to opt‐out of this data collection, including user data.
If you are using PTC, Inc. software, visiting a PTC, Inc. site or communicating electronically with us from a country other than the United States, various communications will necessarily result in a transfer of this information across international boundaries. IF YOU DO NOT CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION AND/OR TRANSMISSION (INCLUDING TO THE UNITED STATES) OF YOUR DATA AS DESCRIBED ABOVE, (i) do not download or use free or trial software from PTC, Inc. and/or (ii) be sure to opt-out of the collection of certain personal data as you are able to with PTC, Inc. commercial software.
WHERE WE STORE PERSONAL DATA
If you are visiting any of our sites or communicating electronically with us from a country other than the United States (where our servers are currently located), various communications will necessarily result in a transfer of information across international boundaries. Accordingly, by visiting any of our sites and/or communicating electronically with us (including the use of the Quality Agent and including in the process of our providing information, software or services to you), you consent to the collection, use, transfer and transmission of personal data and other information about you to the United States.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- In order to better service you with respect to PTC, Inc. products and services that are available from time to time.
- To notify you about changes to our service, updates to ptc.com, new PTC, Inc. product offerings or special events hosted by PTC Inc. or its business partners.
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of PTC, Inc. our customers, or others.
- If you are an employee or applicant, we use personal data about you for various employment-related purposes, primarily relating to establishing and managing our employment relationship with you, such as:
- to determine your suitability for employment, job assignments and responsibilities, promotions, and any job transfers or changes in your work status;
- to conduct evaluations of your performance and other reviews of your work;
- to determine your eligibility for salary increases, bonuses, or other compensation;
- to perform legal monitoring activities, for example, monitoring for attendance;
- to administer your payroll and health, dental, pension, retirement, and other benefit programs and related claims;
- to investigate suspected misconduct or non-performance of duties;
- to satisfy security, health, and safety concerns;
- to comply with governmental regulations and reporting and tax requirements (e.g., income tax laws, workers’ compensation, health and safety, and employment standards);
- in contemplation of, or in actual use in, litigation or governmental investigation;
- in planning and implementing corporate restructurings, as well as potential acquisitions, mergers, or sales; and/or
- for other necessary employment-related purposes required or allowed under applicable local law and regulation.
We may provide information to you in the form of e-mails, mailings, website displays or other correspondence methods.
PTC, Inc. will offer individuals the opportunity to choose (opt-out) whether they receive communications from PTC, Inc. or its authorized resellers concerning PTC, Inc.
products and services (as described further below). For sensitive personal data regarding employees (i.e., personal data that reveals race, ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, or that concerns health or sex life), we will give individuals the opportunity to affirmatively and explicitly consent (opt-in) to the disclosure of their information to a non-agent third party or use of the information for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by the individual.
We will only use and share personal data in ways that are relevant for the purposes for which the information was collected or subsequently authorized by you.
TRANSFER AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
To Other Third Parties. We may also transfer or disclose personal data to other third parties, as follows:
- To our authorized resellers for the limited purposes of offering and servicing our products, unless you opt-out of such transfers.
- If you consent to such transfer and it is consistent with the notice provided to you.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If any PTC, Inc. entity, or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- To government agencies or other third parties as authorized by applicable law: (i) to comply with legal, regulatory, or reporting requirements (such as reporting to tax authorities and employment regulators), (ii) in the event we are required to respond to a court order, subpoena, discovery request, or other legal process, or if, in our good faith opinion, such disclosure is required by law, (iii) at the request of governmental authorities conducting an audit or investigation, (iv) to verify or enforce compliance with applicable employee policies, laws, rules, or regulations, (v) in connection with corporate restructurings or potential acquisitions, mergers, or sales, or (vi) whenever we believe disclosure is necessary to limit the legal liability, or to protect or enforce the rights, interests, or safety, of you, the Company, our subsidiaries and affiliates, other employees, or third parties.
It is PTC’s policy to never sell your information to list brokers or similar entities for commercial gain.
YOU CAN OPT-OUT OF E-MAIL CORRESPONDENCE AND ACCESS AND CORRECT THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data (“opt-out”). We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) how we intend to use your data or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for the purpose for which it was collected. You can exercise your opt-out right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data as well as a later time as described below. Similarly, our Quality Agent functionality in certain of our software products may be configured to opt-out of data collection (this may not be available in free versions of our software so to opt-out you simply do not download and use that free software).
Upon request, we will provide you with reasonable access to personal data about you in our possession, and will take reasonable steps to permit you to correct, amend, or delete personal data that you demonstrate to be inaccurate or incomplete.
If you have a PTC.com online account you may access the data that PTC.com has recorded and update or correct the information at any time. You may also opt-out of future correspondence by updating your preferences. To do this go to www.ptc.com and under Customer Resources visit ptc.com accounts. If you don’t have an account or are unable to locate your account information, you can create one or you may request a copy of the personal data we have stored and/or exercise your opt-out right by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. When updating personal data about you, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
You may also opt-out of future correspondence by updating your preferences using the link on the footer of e-mail correspondence.
You can also correct the information we have about you and/or exercise the opt-out right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. When updating personal data about you, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are fraudulent, unreasonably repetitious, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), or would be extremely impractical (for example, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so at no cost to you, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to protect information from accidental or malicious alteration or destruction. Accordingly, after your information is deleted, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers or remove information from our backup systems.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal data about you is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and current. You are responsible for the accuracy of all personal data you provide to us. We will use reasonable efforts to maintain the accuracy and integrity of the personal data we obtain, and to update it as appropriate. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal data is reliable for its intended use.
We have implemented, and will maintain current, reasonable physical, technical, and organizational security measures for the purpose of protecting the personal data in our possession from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we have security measures in place to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our sites; any transmission is at your own risk.
LIMITATION ON SCOPE OF PRIVACY PRINCIPLES
COMPLIANCE AND ENFORCEMENT
PTC, Inc. commits to resolve questions and complaints about your privacy and its collection or processing of your personal data. Individuals who believe that PTC, Inc. is not complying with the terms of this Policy, or is not complying with the terms of the Safe Harbor Framework, should first contact PTC, Inc. at 140 Kendrick Street, Needham Massachusetts 02494, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will investigate and will do our best to internally resolve any complaints and disputes regarding the use and disclosure of personal data brought to our attention.
If you are an individual in Switzerland or the European Union and have utilized PTC Inc.’s internal dispute resolution process, but your complaint or dispute arising under the terms of the Safe Harbor Principles remains unresolved, PTC, Inc. has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Safe Harbor Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism. That independent dispute resolution mechanism is the International Centre for Dispute Resolution, operated by the American Arbitration Association. For more information and to file a complaint, you may contact the International Centre for Dispute Resolution at 1633 Broadway, 10th Floor, New York, NY 10019; Telephone: 01 212-484-4181; Fax 01 212-246-7274; or http://www.adr.org/
ILLEGAL USE OF PTC, Inc. SOFTWARE
PTC, Inc. regards software piracy as the crime it is, and we view offenders accordingly. We do not tolerate the piracy of PTC, Inc. software products, and we pursue those who do so using all legal means available, including public and private surveillance resources. As part of these efforts, PTC, Inc. utilizes data monitoring and scouring technologies to obtain and transmit (including to the United States) data on users of illegal copies of our software. If you are using an illegal copy of our software, cease using the illegal version and contact PTC, Inc. to obtain a legally licensed copy. By using this software, you consent to the collection, use, and transfer of personal data (including to the United States) for the purposes of identifying users of illegal copies of our software.
WE DO NOT KNOWINGLY COLLECT INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN WHO ARE UNDER 13
Our sites are not directed to children younger than age thirteen (13). We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of thirteen (13) on any of our sites and we will delete any such information later determined to be from a person younger than age thirteen (13). In the event a parent believes that his/her child has provided information to PTC, Inc. and wishes that data to be removed or corrected, please contact PTC, Inc. as described below.
Our sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our authorized resellers, business partners, industry forums, analysts and to other sites that are relevant to our products and services. Additionally, for some of the functions within our websites we link to/use third party suppliers for example, when you visit a page with videos embedded from or links to YouTube or slideshare. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
HOW TO CONTACT US
140 Kendrick Street
Needham Massachusetts 02494
Attn: Compliance Department – Privacy